Getting started with PlaceCal can be broken down into 7 steps.
- Initial assessment: Complete an initial form to assess who in the community running events and groups might be interested in the partnership.
- Initial workshop: Work with the PlaceCal team to conduct an initial workshop together inviting everyone who might want to get involved in the partnership.
- Create neighbourhood team: Work with the PlaceCal team to agree on who is to become Coordinator/s (someone who manages PlaceCal in your area), and work with other organisations to set this up.
- Meet partners: Arrange for your Coordinators to contact all potential Partners (community groups), and ask to meet up. Fill out this form to get started.
- Conduct interviews: We arrange for the Coordinators to conduct the initial interviews with potential area Partners, and ask them to sign the onboarding form so we can get their information into one place.
- Create shared system: Coordinators go on to work with each Partner to get all their current event and organisation information into the PlaceCal system (assisted by PlaceCal).
- Periodic updates: Coordinators periodically check back with each Partner to keep the PlaceCal system up to date, and monitor the area as a whole for changes.
And that’s it! Once all the positions have been filled, PlaceCal runs smoothly with up-to-date events listings always available for your community.
Key benefits of PlaceCal
Digital & Spatial inclusion
Getting started for commissioners
PlaceCal capability model
Co-creation: developing the PlaceCal prototype