Calendars take external sources of event information and convert them into Events inside PlaceCal.
Calendar → Event
Event → Address (→ Neighbourhood)
Event → Partner (→ Neighbourhood)
This needs a lot of work - current WiP pages:
How the importer works (wip)
How does the Calendar importer detect Places and Addresses?
- Calendars have a “location resolution strategy” that can be one of
- Event Get the location of this event from the address field on the source event. This is for area calendars, or organisations with no solid base.
- Default location Every event is in one location (set below). The address field on the source calendar is ignored.
- Room Number Every event is on one location (set below), and the address field is used to store a room number.
- Event Override Every event is in one location (set below), unless the address field is set to another location
- No Location Events imported will have no location information set in PlaceCal, even if it is present on the remote feed
- Online Only Events imported will have no physical location information set in PlaceCal, even if it is present on the remote feed, but will maintain the online information