- SSH access to the relevant server
- A user profile on the placeCal instance with Root privileges.
Note: you may want to perform these actions on staging first if you are unfamiliar with the commands. This will also allow site admins to practice working with a sandbox.
1. Open a ticket
2. Update the server
The first step is to register the domain of the new site with DNS and letsencrypt so the URL can resolve and we can use HTTPS like good nitizens. Luckily this is done with some simple scripts. SSH on to the staging (and then production) server and
- Add a domain to the list of placecal domains
- Refresh letsencrypt so that it picks up the new domain
It’s sufficient to just run these two commands:
dokku domains:add placecal london.placecal-staging.org dokku letsencrypt:enable placecal
3. Make the site
Now it is simply a case of logging into staging or production (as a root admin) and registering the site by following the site side menu.
Assets to create
Ask Emma to make these and then upload to relevant places.
- Logos (204 x 77 pixels)
- Background image (2260 x 700 pixels)