PlaceCal has two ways to give users permissions.
- Relationally: through assignment of tags, partners, or neighbourhoods. This makes the user a tag, partner or neighbourhood admin respectively.
- Globally: through selection of the “editor” or “root” roles. “Editors” can edit any news article sitewide, and “roots” can do everything.
As a guest
PlaceCal is designed so that most people don’t log in.
I can browse the public site (minimally - this is smoke test we should have a full script detailing all pages & function)
- I can see top level Nav for Home, Our Story, Find your PlaceCal and Join Us
- There is a header and footer
- I can access individual PlaceCal instances (e.g. https://moss-side.placecal.org/) with Home, Events and Partners top level
- I can see a list of partners
- I can see info for each individual partner
- I can see a list of events with various options for filtering
- I can see individual event information
- I can see a list of news articles if there is at least one article
- I can see each individual news article
- If I try and access a partner, event or article on the default site domain, I get redirected to “find my placecal”
As a citizen (with no additional access)
This role isn’t really intended to be used at the moment but acts as a base for other user types.
I can login
I can reset my password
If I try to login with an account that has no set password, I see a message that reminds me to accept my invite
I can accept an email invite for account and use the link to set my password
I can edit my profile
I get a notification that my account has no higher privileges if I look at my user profile
If I try and access routes I’m not supposed to, I get redirected back to the dashboard
I can set a profile picture and be told what sizes and file types are allowed
As an editor
I can create, edit, update and delete all news articles, and change all fields at will.
As a root
I can edit everything it is possible to edit.
I can edit all user’s neighbourhoods.
As a partner admin
I can see summary of my recently updated partners on my dashboard
I can create a new calendar (Details, Location, Contact Info)
I can edit details for each of my partners (Basic Info, Address, Service Areas, Contact Info, Opening times, Tags)
I can see partners I have been assigned to on my profile
As a neighbourhood admin
I can create citizens and partner admins (and cannot create other neighbourhood admins)
I can see which partners, neighbourhoods and tags users have been assigned to
I can see and edit all users (which probably is not ideal and we should restrict this somehow later)
I can see neighbourhoods I have been assigned to on my profile (but not edit them).
As a tag admin
I can see tags I have been assigned to on my profile
I can tag and untag all(?) partners with my tag
I can edit any partner with my tag (erm does this conflict with above?)
I can set the description and name for my tag