These are the main thing people are asking for with PlaceCal right now — to be able to add their collective, partnership, gang, initiative etc to the site. The idea is that you are given a blank account, start with a blank canvas, then add stuff to it.
We do need to consider how people are going to create them more wholesale from existing partners at a later date.
This spells out how it would work just using pure Tag-based admin rights. We could also do some hybrid neighbourhood/tag work.
How it should work
- Root admin creates a new Partnership Tag
- Root admin creates a new User and assigns them the Partnership Tag (this is a Partnership Admin)
- Root admin Tags any existing Partners that fall under that Partnership.
- Root admin creates a new Site for the Partnership by adding a service area and Tag
- Root admin sets the Site’s owner to the new User
- Do we also need to give them a neighbourhood?
- Receive an email to log in
- Log in and set up account
- PlaceCal admin menu shows:
- Dashboard, which should just show their Site. We could improve this with some first steps e.g. “Create a partner”, “Add a calendar”, “Read the handbook”
- Partners, showing nothing or just the few tagged initial ones depending on step 3 above
- Users, showing only Users linked to Partners with their Tag
- Calendars, showing only Calendars linked to Partners with their Tag.
- Tags, showing all Categories and Facilities (but can’t be edited), and just their Partnerships.
- Other admin options hidden
- Creating a new Partner auto-adds the Tag and won’t let them create without it. Otherwise when it’s created they won’t be able to see it.
- They can only create Users for Partners with their Tag? Not sure about this
- Later - need a way to ask to join a tag, or vice versa